For the intentions of Soothing/Calming
The mightly mineral is here. Smithsonite is a powerful soothing stone, and your best friend when you feel anxious, or low energy. Smithsonite will nudge you towards inner reflection bring out a deep strength that you may have not realized you have. If you've been under emotional stress or sensitivities, carry a chunk of Smithsonite. It'll make you smile with the odd textures and hues of turquoise and it will soothe your emotions. Your auric field will thank you for the nourishing vibrations.
Size and specifics
Smithsonite, also known as Zinc Spar, is a zinc carbonate mineral that is most commonly found in botryoidal, masses (sometimes with a druzy surface), and stalactites. The chunks are oddly shaped and each one is unique in color, texture, patterns, and size. In 1832 F.S. Beaudant named the mineral after the English mineralogist James Smithson, founder of the Smithsonian Institute and who first identified the crystal in 1802.
Medium Smithsonite chunks weigh between 5 and 10 ounces and measure approximately 3 inches long.
Large Smithsonite chunks weigh approximately 1-2 lbs and average 6 x 4 inches
X-Large Smithsonite piece is approximately 4.5 lbs and 9 x 7 inches.
Each piece is unique and we will choose intuitively for you.
How to use
- Carry a chunk with you during times of stress or emotional upset.
- Place it next to you during meditation or prayer. It will cleanse your energy field and help you to focus on what is most important for you.
- Keep it on your desk to make you smile and bring serenity to your work.
- Use it as a statement piece. Smithsonite looks like it was dropped from outer space.
- Place a piece on your third eye chakra or above your head (crown chakra) to open up psychic abilities and intuition.
How to clean
Your Smithsonite raw chunk comes cleansed and blessed for you. You may wash gently with warm water or wipe with a soft cloth. Avoid sunlight as it will fade the colors. Your Smithsonite will enjoy the new moon energy, incense or a piece of selenite for an extra cleanse.
Note from our energy expert
Smithsonite is treasured by metaphysical healers and mineral collectors. If you can get your hands on a piece, buy it. Keep is around you for extra energy work and clearing.